Hinges for 35mm solid core doors

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi! I'm replacing my current, warped, hollow core internal doors with solid core premdor doors. I'm looking for some advice for fittings. The present hinges are 100mm by 60mm, which from what I'm reading are actually for firedoors. The new doors are 28kg and standard 35mm depth. Am I ok to stick with 100*60mm hinges or should I look to get 75mm ones? Obviously, for the aesthetics of the door frame, I'd prefer to stick to the same size. Also, any advice on good quality, suitable latches would be greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
solid core doors are reassuringly heavy. If you need to buy any new hinges, look at lift-off hinges (Ironmongery Direct have a good selection). They make it very easy to hang and remove your doors, which is handy if you are an amateur trial-fitting and planing, or for repainting or carrying large furniture through. It is quite tiring to lift fire-doors or solid-core doors up and down.

http://www.ironmongerydirect.co.uk/search?SearchText=lift+hinges

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back