Hinges for Ikea Pax wardrobes.

dhc

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
In Ikea Pax wardrobes it's not possible to mount drawers alongside door hinges; the sides of the drawer scrape along the protruding hinge. Has anyone found a compatible hinge with a low enough profile to mount drawers alongside. The height/depth of the hinge from the wardrobe side needs to be 17mm or less, including protruding screw heads.
I have an engineering background and I've tried every technical solution I know using existing Ikea hinges, including filing down the adjustment screw heads on 'Blum' hinges. This does allow the drawer to slide freely but the wardrobe door adjustment has to be set so far over that a second door cannot be hinged back-to-back on an adjoining wardrobe. Also, these wardrobes don't have the built in rigidity to allow a hinge to be left off. I've tried.

Sponsored Links
The soft close hinges look as if they stick out less than the standard ones, have you checked that out?

You need the correct drawer, they are 20mm-25mm narrower than the carcase so pass the hinges.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back