Hitachi combi drill????

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Im on the look out for a 14.4v combi drill.I basically want something that will tackle any job around the house.
Ive come across the Hitachi DV14DVC/JR 14.4v on Amazon for £62.73.It comes with 2 x 1.4ah ni-cad batteries,30 min charger and carry case.Does anyone have one of these or know if they are any good?Reviews on hitachi seem hard to find.Makita and dewalt seem to be people's favourite and ive read good things about ryobi and site.But for the price the Hitachi could be a good buy?Many thanks. :)

Sponsored Links
I recently bought a Hitachi 18v drill from B&Q...comes with 2 lithium batteries (only 1.8 ah though), carry case and fast charger. It has been absolutely brill and I'd definitely by Hitachi again.
This one was on offer, just under £90.
John :)

That sounds like a good deal John.I noticed B&Q are selling the dewalt 18v for £99.99.The batteries are only 1.3ah though.They had a twin set Ryobi for £70 aswell(Half price).Combi and drill driver i think.Did'nt really take much notice of that but ive recently read alot of good things about Ryobi,so maybe this will be worth another look?

Sponsored Links
ok ive come across a bosch psb 14.4v on ebay for £65.Just one battery but its lithium (1.5ah).Bosch have a good reputation dont they?

Yeah Bosch is good stuff, the Blue range is the professional range but the Green range will do fine for home use, not build as robustly as the blue stuff of course but they still have a 2-year domestic use warranty (and not a lot of people know that!)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back