Hive ebay

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I just purchased a Hive off eBay. I installed it then tried to access the account online. I wasn't given a username and password for it. I have tried Hive customer service and they refuse to give me one. I apparently have to ask who I bought it off to ring them with their account details and ask for it to be passed onto me. I doubt the bayer will do this, or if he does it will take a while. Has anyone found a way of getting an account? Is there a rep I can speak to?

Sponsored Links
The hive isn't really designed to be sold on.

How much did you pay?
Bg need to create you an account, afaik there is no other way

So yes you need the details of the previous guys account.

How much did you pay?

£112 new, delivered. I've just noticed the description says "Check you can get an account before bidding". Which meant nothing at the time, of course I could get an account, I just sign up... I was obviously wrong.

I'm sure this will get Hive some bad press as soon as people start moving out/into houses with Hive.

Sponsored Links

How much did you pay?

£112 new, delivered. I've just noticed the description says "Check you can get an account before bidding". Which meant nothing at the time, of course I could get an account, I just sign up... I was obviously wrong.

I'm sure this will get Hive some bad press as soon as people start moving out/into houses with Hive.

Not really if you moved into a house where it was already installed they would probably be able to change the account details

If it was sold as "new" I would be suppressed if someone is selling their vanstock to make a bit of extra cash for Christmas.

The hub has a unique ID on it and is registered to the account and address

What department did you speak to at BG?

How much did you pay?

Not really if you moved into a house where it was already installed they would probably be able to change the account details

If it was sold as "new" I would be suppressed if someone is selling their vanstock to make a bit of extra cash for Christmas.

The hub has a unique ID on it and is registered to the account and address

What department did you speak to at BG?

Hive department, the Hub wasn't registered.

They can only change the details if you get the original owner to ring and ask them to change. I imagine that will be a tough ask in a lot of cases.

I'd have thought your ebayer will be keen to help. Have you contacted them?

In my experience sellers on eBay will do anything to make sure you are happy. It's not worth the risk of getting bad feeback.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back