Hive & Immersion Heater

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Obviously Hive is meant to work with Gas/Oil boilers and does so. However, I have an ASHP for HW, controlled via a separate system, with a backup immersion to get it up to temp for killing of Legionnaire bacteria.

What I would like to do is to be able to control the Immersion via Hive but the Hive switches at low voltage and obviously the immersion is 240v.

Hive has NC/NO to control HW on/off. What I need is some sort of relay that the Hive can then use to switch the Immersion on/off. Unfortunately, I can't do this via the fusebox, which I believe is one option, so can anyone suggest a suitable relay/wiring diagram that I can use in the airing cupboard where the Hive controller and the Immersion are please?

Or suggest a suitable alternative?

TIA

Sponsored Links
Obviously Hive is meant to work with Gas/Oil boilers and does so. However, I have an ASHP for HW, controlled via a separate system, with a backup immersion to get it up to temp for killing of Legionnaire bacteria.

What I would like to do is to be able to control the Immersion via Hive but the Hive switches at low voltage and obviously the immersion is 240v.

Hive has NC/NO to control HW on/off. What I need is some sort of relay that the Hive can then use to switch the Immersion on/off. Unfortunately, I can't do this via the fusebox, which I believe is one option, so can anyone suggest a suitable relay/wiring diagram that I can use in the airing cupboard where the Hive controller and the Immersion are please?

Or suggest a suitable alternative?

TIA

240 volts is low voltage. What voltage and current does the Hive contacts switch. You need a relay with a coil at that voltage with contacts that can switch 240 volts at 13 amps.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back