Hive/Nest to control Underfloor Heating zones

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, I am planning to install wet underfloor heating throughout the house and would like it to be controlled with Hive/Nest (haven't decided on one yet). What I don't understand is how I can get the Hive/Nest thermostat to control the zones as there doesn't seem to be an intermediary between the manifold and thermostat.

From what I've read, it is standard to connect a wiring centre to the manifold (which opens/closes valves with actuators), and then the thermostats (1 per zone) connected to the wiring centre. Heatmiser make thermostats and wiring centres so they can communicate but, again, I don't see how this system is replicated with Hive/Nest.

If you're thinking "this guy is clearly out of his depths and should hire a professional before someone dies" fear not, I do intend to do that. However, I want to do the laying out of the pipes myself (to save money) and then hire a plumber to plumb the system in and an electrician to install the heating controls so I'm planning to buy everything in one go.

Please advise - thank you!

Attachments

• manifold & wiring centre.png
    manifold & wiring centre.png
    479.9 KB · Views: 8,201
Sponsored Links
The nest link basically is a 2 zone controller 1 for heating and one for water and you configure it how you need it.

To control the underfloor heating u would need a nest thermostat per heating zone/ actuator or wire all the actuators together to the one nest thermostat Which is a bit pointless

As Gaz says, you normally have a room theremostat per zone.

If you want to do fancy things, like control zones and heating with your SmartPhone then there are ready made solutions. Nest is not one of those!

eg Heatmiser UH wiring centre and NeoStats https://www.heatmiser.com/en/

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back