Hive wiring to Glow worm betacom 30c

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, I'm looking to get a hive to wire up to my betacom 30c combi boiler with no existing thermostat. Looking at the manual it appears that I have two forms of connectivity. One being 24v and the other being 230v.

I've had a quick look at the hive manual to make sense of what's required and I've come up with two potential wiring solutions depending on which block to connect to. I would be very grateful if one of you kind chaps could take a look and confirm if what I have is correct and also explain the benefits from one to the other? To me the simplest method is the 24v connectivity as all I would need to do is remove the existing bridge and connect rather than cut the bridge on the 230v block and then add another wiring block. Also there's no mention of a live feed supply from the boiler so assume I'd need to connect the live and neutral to the existing fused spur.

Here's the manual for my boiler BTW
https://www.plumbase.co.uk/documents/product/3549464

Thanks in advance!!

Attachments

• hive to 24v connectivity.jpg
    hive to 24v connectivity.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 16,216
  • hive to 230v connectivity.jpg
    hive to 230v connectivity.jpg
    151.3 KB · Views: 22,019
Sponsored Links
Looks like you have it pretty well sussed and you'll be fine with either of the two methods.
If you go down the 24V route just be certain that you have the single channel version of the Nest receiver because the dual channel obviously has different wiring and most importantly it is only suitable for 230V control of the boiler.

Sponsored Links
FYI for anyone with a similar setup, the hive arrived and was successfully installed today using the 24v block.

Cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back