Holiday Mode

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

I have a Viessmann 200 WB(something) boiler that has weather comp and a selection of buttons that includes Holiday mode.

Can set the departure and return dates and the boiler will not heat the DHW but will operate the UFH at the set reduced temp.

We are going away next week, so during an idle moment, I set the departure / return dates and a reduced temp of 15C.

This morning, it was freezing outside and the boiler did not appear to be running. The house is nice and warm so I figured that the WC plus set room temp meant that it did not need to come on.

There is a Info button on the panel, which when pressed, usually displays the outside (WC) temp. When pressing this, all that was displayed was 'Holiday Mode.' No temp. Does not make sense as the departure date is not for another week. However, when I canceled 'Holiday Mode' the boiler fired up.

So to my question; in setting holiday mode for a future date with a reduced room temp. surely it should not operate now, which is what seems to have happened this morning? Or am I doing something wrong?

Grateful for any suggestions.

Thanks

Rex

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back