Home Report

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, we are looking to buy a house and have received the Home Report from the surveyor. The roofing has been given a grade 2, which means nothing needs doing right now, but will in the future.
The HR states-
The original concrete interlocking tiles are affected by weathering and may be reaching the end of their normal life expectancy. There are some gaps in the mortar pointing along the ridge tiles. There was some evidence of past water ingress within the roof space and there is damage to some sections of the fibreboard sarking which are holed, loose and sagging in places.

Could anyone advise if this is screaming don't touch it? I understand maintenance will be required and that's fine. I just don't want to be needing a brand new roof in a year.
Thanks so much

Sponsored Links
Don't forget, primarily these people will need to justify their existence......
Some photos would no doubt help, but weathering to some degree is normal and so is missing pointing from the ridge tiles - very easy to sort out.
John :)

I've seen a lot of roofs that will need attention in the future - mine included. That was 16 years ago.:whistle:
The truth is, if you like the house then buy it. Don't let a tired roof put you off. Is there room for asking price negotiation?

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Thank you both for replying. I think we will put an offer in. You have reassured me!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back