Homebase kitchen part-but what is it for?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ok I feel a little stupid posting this but as I just phoned the suppliers and they dont know, I thought it worth a post here.
I must have taken them from a packet along the build but put them to one side and just found them again. I have 2 of them 20mm wide and 50mm long with 2 csunk screw holes.
Not mentioned that I can see on any of my paperwork.
Thought they were maybe to join a door to a false drawer but they supply large chunks of iron for that.

Ideas anyone?

View media item 18654
View media item 18655

Sponsored Links
Look like a joint securing plate while maintaining a fixed gap, also resemble shelf joint fixing from 'Spur' shelving and the like.They may be intended to maintain an even gap before fitting the metal jointing plate you mentioned.
Did you purchase real wood worktops, they need a gap on joints for expansion.

No real wood worktops, doest sound likely to be any of the other suggestions.
I did consider it as a gap maintainer but the space is twice what my other units currently have so it would look odd.

Any more suggetions anyone?

Sponsored Links
they are for screwing 2 doors together on tall larder units or similar..
usually used on the larder units with pull out racks to save you having to open upper and lower door seperately..
the bit in the middle maintains the correct "line" of the doors..

they can faintly be seen on the "pull and swing" larder unit on the left hand side of page 96 of the kitchen brochure below..
http://viewer.zmags.com/publication/0a10a1a8#/0a10a1a8/96

Cheers Coljack, I dont have a tall larder unit but I do have a tall oven housing with a small filler panel that you cut to size to fill the gap between oven and top door, it must be for use there.
The oven's not fitted yet so Ive not tried to fit that part yet.

:)

Homebase kitchen suppliers are Interior Solutions who are Magnet and supply Wicks as well.
I think the support bloke at Interior Solutions had a script and that question just wasnt on it :LOL:

I did say "near" done ;)

The double oven is waiting to go in after the worktops have been cut, the gas hob and sink unit are also waiting on the worktop.
Dishwasher is in already, second unit from the left under the window. Just need to trim some off the plinth for the dwasher door to clear it.

We are lucky in that we have the old existing kitchen still in full use so no weekend bashing it in quickly to get it going in a rush.

Today is cornice and pelmet mitre cutting day, then have fun or not with mitremate setting off before I have it lined up right.

so your dishwasher door looks like it's door and draw front, is this in one piece if not how did you fix them together?
Also where is the isolation/switched fcu for the dishwasher as it is integral should have one!

Door and drawer for dishwasher came connected together, I have joined the under sink ones using stainless pins by drilling the bottom of the drawer and top of the door.
The under counter fixed appliances have accessable 13amp switched sockets in units next to them for local isolation for servicing and are all fed on a radial via a 40amp dp labeled switch above the counter.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back