Honda CRV i-dtec 1.6 diesel 2015

Reaction score
Country
Ireland
I am due to carry out a service on above vehicle at 60,000km.
A new fuel filter unit is required (black unit), and my problem is that I cannot find where the unit is fitted on this AWD model.
I would be very grateful for any advice please.
Regards, John

Sponsored Links
Won't you invalidate the warranty if you service a new car yourself ?

Try this......?
Under tray removed, locate the oil filter housing and the fuel filter is in its own housing just above - or it is on the new Civic diesel which could well share the same engine.
John :)

Thanks, Guys.
Have mostly always serviced in-guarantee vehicles, but with in-spec components / fluids etc. Would not be concerned about standing up to Supplier if in dispute on that basis (maybe I'm over-optimistic?)
John - my vehicle has lub.oil filter in rhd wheelarche just under timing chainhousing and I've also removed aluminium access plate underneath to have look - but can't identify fuel filter in either place? Would welcome any other suggestions.
Regards, John

Sponsored Links
I serviced my own car because I couldn't face being messed about by the local Peugeot dealer. I know it's had a proper oil and filter change. I decided not to worry about the guarantee as Peugeot / Citroen customer service is a joke. Sorry I can't help you with your filter location

I've drawn a blank here too......how about, when you go to buy the genuine Honda filter (a good move anyway) - and ask the service manager where it is?

Possibly looks like this :-

Is it like below ? - Can you eyeball similar under bonnet :- But then I think you have been to the web site hondakarma.com
If 'tis like this at least you may notice any missing or mislaid bits when you tear it down.
37618_AOCUK_4TH_GEN_CRV_FUEL_FILTER.jpg

Bit of a nightmare self servicing mechanical without a workshop manual to reference, especially knocking out high mileages.

-0-

Thanks John.
Thanks Empip.
My replacement fuel filter is as per attached picture below.
Regards,
John

Attachments

• Honda Fuel Filter.jpg
    Honda Fuel Filter.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 1,335
Not the type I was expecting to see!
Its not under the wheel arch, behind the arch liner, is it? Maybe you can trace the fuel pipes as they pass underneath the car?

Thanks, John.
I went to trace the fuel lines from the tank to the engine, but all covered in by plastic / ABS ducting. As Honda has left easily accessible hatches in their underneath protective covering for bulb replacement and the likes, I felt that if the fuel filter was similarly enclosed, they would also have left handy access. So rather than rip everything apart, I'm been taking the lazy man's approach to see if some kind mechanically-minded soul with the key experience of this model might have this knowledge and share! However, I do think you are likely to be correct in thinking that the unit is in behind the wheel arch cover, as it now seems the most likely if somewhat awkward place. I'll wait another few days to see if I get any further information before I explore this avenue.
Regards, John

Sponsored Links
Back