Honeywell CM67 thermostat and Ideal mini boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

Please excuse my dumbness asking these questions but it's really annoying me now...

I have a Honeywell CM67 thermostat in my hallway with the following programmed in;

1)6.20am - 19.5degrees
2)8.00am - 5degrees
3)5.30pm - 20degrees
4)8.00pm - 5degrees

5 & 6 have been deleted.

My boiler is set at 55degrees and the radiators are at level 4 from 5 on the knob things(not sure what they are called, lol)

Basically I just want the heating to come in the morning before work and then come on for a couple of hours when I get home.

The problem I have is the radiators are on constantly(costing me money when not needed?) and a low heat - I believe it always stays at 5degrees but they feel hotter than that at 2 in the afternoon(not when it's set to be on) and it never seems to get hot enough to warm the flat.

Are my temperatures too low on the boiler/thermostat?

any help would be great

Thanks,
Carl

Sponsored Links
Thanks for your response - I have set it to 70 now.

1 other question...

Will the thermostat control the heat so at 8pm tonight when I have it to set at 5degrees will the radiators cool down - don't want a massive gas bill if my boiler is a 70degrees always?

Thanks again.

Sponsored Links
I guess the Ideals are no good then lol - it was installed into the new-build flat when built in 2006.

So at 8 pm if my rads do not cool down I have a further problem?

Thanks for your help, Dan. I will wait until 8pm and keep my fingers crossed. :)

Thing is you shouldn't let the place get down to that temperature really. 10 degrees is an absolute minimum, 14 would be better.

I often leave the ones I fit rigged so that they can't go below a set temperature regardless of programming.

I also sometimes rig them so they read a higher temperature and use the placebo effect to keep customers warm. You'll be surprised at how little people actually know about temperature and comfort.

Well that didn't work - it's now 10pm and my radiators are still boiling. does this suggest there is a problem with my thermostat because it should have been turned down to 5degrees at 8 pm?

Thanks again.

Just noticed this is a CM67 and therefore quite old.

Is it the hard wired or wireless (ng) variant?

Is the boiler receiving a call to heat from the Honeywell?

try turning the programmer off and see if that stops the boiler.

I turned the boiler on this morning to the lowest temp and it came on as expected, it got up to the temp then turned off.

I then increased my boiler to 70 degrees and it didn't fire until I increased my temp from 5degrees on my thermostat.... after it fired I turned my thermostat OFF and it still kept firing?

Every time I adjusted the thermostat it clicked and the little burner icon came on and when I turned it off the it clicked and the icon went off.

Maybe I need to get an engineer out?

It's a wirelees CM67

So the CM67 is controlling the boiler - sometimes?

When did you last replace the batteries in the CM67 control unit?

If you don't know, or can't remember, change them now - and use good quality e.g Duracell.

Yes, it seems to be working but not properly.

They were changed when I moved back in about 1 year ago, I will change them again and see if that has an effect.

Thanks.

what I have just noticed is the pressure is just above 0 bar, will this cause a problem also?
Yes, Yes, Yes!

The pressure should be 1 bar when cold. Put this right and then see if you still get problems with the CM67.

You also need to monitor the pressure. If it drops again over, say a week, you need an heating engineer to find the cause and rectify it.

I put the pressure back to 1 bar and tried it again but it just does not cool down meaning the thermostat does not kick in.

I guess I need a new stat or an engineer to check it out. :(

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back