Honeywell Evohome Fitting

Sponsored Links
I have connected live from pump to LP on boiler and left orange from valve on switched live (LR) on boiler. When fired heating up, pump didn't start at all, boiler started making funny bubbling noises, blue light started flashing 30s after switching heating on and I've turned everything off.
Surely that's not right

Edit:
On my original wiring, pump overrun does not work in did. Pump switches off as soon as wireless relay box is switched off.
But on revised wiring pump does not switch on at all.
Is it possible it's got something to do with pump N on boiler is not not connected?

Last edited:
Where, exactly, is the blue light coming from?

Sounds as if the pump overrun controller in the boiler is kaput. You need a Gas Safe Registered engineer to carry out the repair.

Can't explain why, with original wiring, the pump continued after heating went off. There will still be a voltage on the orange, but only 50-100V, so it shouldn't be enough to run the pump. The only other source is B terminal on the HW relay, but this should only be live when HW is called.

Incidentally, HW relay B terminal still needs to be connected to LR, as well as wire from valve orange.

I don't think pump overrun kontroller is dead. Before I fitted evohome, it was working (a week ago).
Blue light on the boiler.
I have reverted to wiring from my 1st post and pump overrun does not work.

Sponsored Links
Get someone in that knows what he is doing ( not me obviously as I don't have a clue if it's New Year or New York most days)

I don't think pump overrun kontroller is dead. Before I fitted evohome, it was working (a week ago).
I have reverted to wiring from my 1st post and pump overrun does not work.
Aren't they contradictory statements?

Blue light on the boiler.
A flashing blue light indicates a boiler fault. You need a GSR engineer to sort it out.

A quick update. One wire has become loose while mounting wireless box to the wall and that was the reason why pump was not turning on. Now boiler runs perfectly and pump overrun works as well and haven't seen flashing blue light ever since.

Maybe it could be of any use to someone else with similar setup, below is my final wiring (Y plan with pump overun). Finally I connected live from boiler to the right L inside HTG and live from 1 to the left L inside HTG (as per honeywell instruction for boiler with pernament live connection)
Ogrzewanie - po zmianach_20160116_133350.jpg

Useful diagram. I created something similar which might be handy for someone who's fitting HR92s to all radiators in an S-plan system (i.e. motorised valve locked open).

2m3sf9j.png

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back