Honeywell Galaxy 2-12

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello, I recently bought a house with the above alarm fitted. It recently stopped working (ADT alarm). It just has stars on the panel *********** (like that) and occasionally says managers re-set required. I contacted ADT who said it's not one of their fitted and monitored alarms and someone got an ADT alarm and fitted it. I will have to pay £150 to have it reactivated and then a monthly contract. That's not the issue though, more the problem is that it's going off during the night & I don't know how to switch it off & ADT won't do it as it's not their alarm! Help

Sponsored Links
If you don't want to use it juicy open panel disconnect battery and remove fuse (do this in day time as outside sounder will go off) then get ladders and disconnect battery in outside sounder .

Thank you. Is there any way of disconnecting it without faffing about outside as I'm too old to go up a ladder. Can't I do it internally? How do I know which is the fuse?

Near the main panel should be a small white fuse box with fuse on it if you locate that and disconnect inside battery outside sounder will sound for maybe a couple of hours unless it a newish one and will programed for about 20mins then battery should go flat .

Sponsored Links
IMG_0943.JPG

Is this the thing you're referring to?

Yes the small white box flick out the fuse and open the big panel and disconnect the battery (outside sounder will go off )till battery outside goes flat or cuts off please do this in morning don't upset your neighbours

Yes the tamper will go off but as soon as you take out the battery internal sounder will stop .if you have codes and something goes wrong put everything back and enter code on panel ( should be fine though )

You can get this up and running again (with help from the forum here), but likely you'll need to spend £15 on a new battery.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back