Honeywell Galaxy 2 - Internal and External Bell/Siren

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have a galaxy 2 system with no external bell, just a dummy box. There is however an internal siren with battery backup.

This is wired to the SAB connections on the panel, all connections used but strobe.

If I want to add an external bell, can I wire it in parallel to the internal siren?

And if so, do I need to power the panel completely off to do so, or just put into engineers mode?

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
ADT system ? Depends on your bell box and how much current it draws in alarm. It take it you can't run a separate cable to the external bell ?

Thanks, yes ex ADT system.

I intend to run a separate cable to the panel so if the panel has sufficient power (not sure how I would work that out?) could I wire that into the same terminals to where the internal siren is connected, adding the strobe.

Worse case I could disconnect the internal siren? Could I then use loudspeaker internally instead?

Sponsored Links
Would you really need the internal sounder ? May be better swopping it for a internal speaker at around £6 No issues then !

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back