Honeywell Galaxy Flex 20

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm in the process of bench testing the Honeywell Galaxy Flex 20 becuase it will be going in to replace a Nexus system.
I am currently stuck at the recommendation in the installer manual, which recommends the PIR to be configured with 3 resistors (1k, 1k, & 3k) as per attached diagram -

I'm using the Honeywell Activ8 PIR - Single Channel Quad Element PIR (https://www.security.honeywell.com/uk/products/intruder/sensors/active8/468113.html) -

So the problem at present is that when the PIR is idle, I'm getting a resistance of over 5k on the Keypad display, and the "MASK" message being displayed. Tamper works, however, the circuit won't go the normal 1k operational resistance when idle. However, when I remove the 3k resistor EOL, and put the 3rd wire to the end of the 1k resistor end on the Tamper terminal, the functionality returns - i.e. 1k (idle), 2k (open), 2k (tamper o/c) - I'm guessing a fault won't show up on the panel though .. any thoughts on this?

Much appreciated.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back