Honeywell Galaxy G2-12 / ADT

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Evening all,

Am pretty new to this and need some advice from someone who has experience with Galaxy G2-12 panels, ADT Bell Boxes and pet friendly PIR's.

Our alarm had been working fine, but we recently purchased a kitten. We had 4 wireless PIR's and I changed these over to the pet friendly ones. All is working, however I have noticed that the orange light on the PIR no longer flash when I walk past and the alarm is in standby mode. It works just fine when the alarm is set, but wanted to know if this was a setting or something that newer PIR's do?

My second question is to do with my ADT bell box (yellow hexagon). There used to be a couple of flashing LED's under the bell box and I have recently noticed that they do not flash any more. The bell box works fine, but I wanted to ask if this was also to do with a particular setting?

Apologies in advance if I haven't explained my questions well enough, but happy to provide more information if required.

Cheers!

Sponsored Links
Most ADT system have dummy bell box with flashing led module which runs off batteries and internal sounder connected to panel for the sounder
Did you replace the sensors and learn the new sensors onto the system

Hi Handymanjo,

Thanks for your prompt response.

I have learned the sensors into the panel and the serials numbers all came up and also showed a signal rating of 10. The sensors work just fine apart from the orange led in the sensor that doesn't blink every time someone walks past, as the old sensors used to. I have performed a walk test and all zones respond as they should. Just wanted to know if Honeywell had changed their sensors to only blink when the alarm is activated.

With regards to the bell box, we opted for an live external bell box instead of an interior sounder. Do you know of the live bell boxes also need batteries for the pulsing LED's?

Thanks again.

Depends on bell box model
My bet is the led is a battery operated model
The pir may have hybrid mode set
Detector go to sleep while alarm is off and are made live when alarm set
This is a battery saving function on a lot of the wireless sensors now days
Hope that help you

Sponsored Links
Even though its a hardwired siren module I think the flashing LEDs are battery powered. It'll likey be a small battery pack in the lid although some newer ones are solar powered.

Thanks for the info handymanjo and Alarm Engineer. If I wanted to change the battery in the bell box, then how easy is this for me to do and how should I do it? I have the engineer's code and am pretty tech savvy, but not to levels of an alarm engineer.

Thanks again.

Put into engineer mode, go up to siren & remove lid (screw is under a blue cap in the middle) siren will trigger and you will quickly need to find the tamper switch and hold it down to prevent it ringing. Then locate the battery pack which may be attached to the lid, take it out and refit lid. Once you have the battery pack your have to look for some discription of its type & source a replacement. Its likey to be made or supplied by Elmdene so you could try contacting them. (Keep the old battery pack as you may need to chop the plug connector off & attach it to new battery pack)

IMG_5707.PNG

Hey guys! So I have managed to obtain a brand new bell box/siren (with the clear plastic back) and wanted to know if there is a way to silence the current external bell box completely to give me time to remove the old bell box and fit the new one?

I have tried putting the panel in engineers mode, but as soon as I remove the cover the alarm sounds. I can hold down the tamper switch to stop the bell from ringing, but it makes fitting the new bell difficult.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers.

Ear defenders
Pair of snips and a screwdriver

Unscrew old unit and disconnect to fit new unit.

On the old metal box type sounders there is a black wire that loops round into a terminal marked Batt. Cut this first then cut the HO+ wire. That'll silence old siren. Make notes of current wiring as your need it when wiring new unit.

Great.

Mission accomplished! Thanks.

I have been told that the strobe light that flashes on my bell has never been connected.

The engineer that fitted the alarm originally used 8 core wire, only using 4 of the 8. I can't understand why he wouldn't have connected the strobe.

Am I right in thinking that I can use one of the 4 spare wires and connect it to the ST- terminal and the connect the same colour wire to the control panel?

If this is the case then will the terminal on the control panel also be marked with ST-?

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back