Honeywell Galaxy G2, configuring users

iep

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. I'm finishing the install of my G2 system and have got to the point where I configure the users (all zones and detectors are up and running).

The system has up to 23 users as far as I can tell but I only want to have two users (me and my missus) or ideally one if we can both essentially be the same user (might be complicated if we want to use prox tags as I guess you have to can't have one user with two prox tags).

I guess my question's are:

1. What level should I assign my user rating to? Presumably we need a master (L3) user so that might as well be me?

2. What do I do with all the other user profiles that the system can accommodate? I might be wrong but it seems that all the users are active by default?

3. Pin numbers. I tried to configure user1 as an L3 user with a new password (not the default 1234) which worked fine but then found I could still log in/set/unset etc with the old 1234 password. I can't see how this is possible unless it was simply logging in as another user with the default code. How do I prevent this?

Sorry for all the questions but I've poured over the manual that came with the system and other guides that I have been able to find online but can't find any answers.

Cheers,

iep

Sponsored Links
Hi. I'm finishing the install of my G2 system and have got to the point where I configure the users (all zones and detectors are up and running).

The system has up to 23 users as far as I can tell but I only want to have two users (me and my missus) or ideally one if we can both essentially be the same user (might be complicated if we want to use prox tags as I guess you have to can't have one user with two prox tags).

I guess my question's are:

1. What level should I assign my user rating to? Presumably we need a master (L3) user so that might as well be me?

2. What do I do with all the other user profiles that the system can accommodate? I might be wrong but it seems that all the users are active by default?

3. Pin numbers. I tried to configure user1 as an L3 user with a new password (not the default 1234) which worked fine but then found I could still log in/set/unset etc with the old 1234 password. I can't see how this is possible unless it was simply logging in as another user with the default code. How do I prevent this?

Sorry for all the questions but I've poured over the manual that came with the system and other guides that I have been able to find online but can't find any answers.

Cheers,

iep

1. You can use the master user code with your own pin. Leave other users as L2 (default).

2. They are not active by default. They are only active if a pin or fob or both pin and fob are assigned.

3. The default '1234' pin is assigned against the master user which is user number 23. You can use user 23 as your own account and set the pin accordingly.

• Thanks
Reactions: iep

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back