Honeywell Galaxy - how do I wire PIRs?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, can someone please tell me the correct way of wiring PIRs. I am using Honeywell PIRs ,problem I have is on tamper only the internal siren sounds and do not get full alarm, is this because I have wired the detectors incorrectly or is it an option setting somewhere?
Help is much appreciated.

Sam

Sponsored Links
That's correct if the alarm is not set, if set (turned on) the full alarm will activate.

Thank you for your reply, can you tell me if this is correct:
seven connections on the PIR: T,T,AL,EOL,AL,(V-),V+
I have connected:
T to zone on alarm panel
resistor across other T to AL
resistor from AL to other AL
and then negative to -ve on the panel
+ve to +ve on panel
is this correct?

Regards,
Sam

...and the other AL to the other zone connection on the panel? If so, that looks right. I assume that there are no on-board resestors in the PIR and that your resistors are both 1k ohms.

You can check using option 21 DISPLAY ZONES. You should see OPEN and CLOSED appearing in the top right corner when you activate the PIR. Alternatively, press the # key and the resistance will be displayed in the bottom right corner. You should see about 1k when the PIR is normal and 2k when it's active.

Sponsored Links
Thank you, I have linked the -ve to AL in the PIR and then connected it to the 0 on the panel. So only three wires going to the panel.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back