Honeywell Motorised Value Rattles and makes a loud noise

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My Honeywell 3-way motorised value makes a loud rattling noise. If I turn the pump up, the noise increases and if I set the pump to 1 it doesn't rattle so often. This started happening after I replaced my hot water cylindar.

Anyone know what the problem may be?
Could it be the pump making that noise and I think it is the valve?
The noise travels all round the house!

Thanks
Brian

Sponsored Links
Use a big scrwdriver on the pump and valve as a stethoscope. More likely to be the pump.

Sponsored Links
Wilhelm, I don't see the point of your link or your sham German accent. As for the site the link connects to, many people would consider much of its content distasteful and indeed offensive.

I accept of course freedom of speech and the right to access whatever web sites one pleases, but I cannot see why you are bringing this sort of material to our attention. It certainly has nothing to do with plumbing!

star trek?

i was trying to say, that maybe as the problem occurred , after cylinder change...that maybe air lock. been to noisy pumps before....no wasser...in these instances it was blocked cold feed.

:rolleyes:

OK, good point about the possible problem, but I think your way of expressing it somewhat bizarre. And what about the jrbooksonline.com site that you linked to? Are you a fan of that sort of stuff?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back