honeywell optima compact 8EP396A Alarm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I got honeywell optima compact 8EP396A Alarm, suddenly gone very quite and doesn't set at all, even chime have a very low sound, when i enter setting code or engineer code doesn't do anything, if any one have any idea please let me know, thanks.

Sponsored Links
Is the power off and its running on the battery? Or is another key pressed down?

yes main power is on and there is battery is well, all PIR have no lights when you walk around all rooms.

Sounds like you have got a blown aux fuse on alarm PCs ? If no lights on pir

Sponsored Links
i thought external speaker faulty but i have tried without internal and external speakers still fuse blown twice, doesn't blow straight away, blows between 15 to 30 minutes, last 2 days no problem with both speakers connected, will see what happens in future, thanks.

Do you have a multimeter ? If so remove speaker / speakers and measure the resistance on each one set at ohms on your meter

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back