Honeywell room thermostat change

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. I want to replace my old Honeywell room stat t6060 I think with a new t6360. There are 3 wires in my old one. Black : number 2. Red : number 1 and earth : 3. can anybody help. Lookig at the diagram I think I need 4 wires and not 3.

[/quote]

Sponsored Links
They both require the same connections, however the original installation is badly installed because the earth wire is being used as a switched live. So there isn't an actual earth connection.

In the lid of your old 6060 there should be a wiring diagram which if I remember correctly will be.

Terminal 1 = Live
Terminal 2 = Neutral
Terminal 3 = Switched Live
Terminal 4 (not used in your application)

The new 6360 thermostat uses exactly the same configuration. If it does need an earth connection though, you have a problem. Check with the manufacturer's instructions. Even though there is an earth terminal provided, doesn't necessarily mean the thermostat needs an earth connection.

Hi and thank you for your reply. There was no wiring diagram for the old one. However looking at the wire it seems to be as you stated. The new one needs 2 wires if the system load is over 6amps and 3 wires if below 6amps.
Not knowing what my system is i have tried both. When using 2 wires the fuses blows stright away. Using 3 wire the centeral heating is on all the time even if the main control unit is not in the heating on position. Don't know what to do next.

Sponsored Links
You seem only concerned with the number of wires. What is far more important is what wires go where. If your new thermostat only needs two wires, do not use the neutral as one of them. If you managed to blow a fuse that is probably what you have done. You may now have damaged the new thermostat.

Anyway you now need to answer the question posed by D_Hailsham.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back