Honeywell st699 to st9400 install

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I want to replace my st699 with the 9400. The install/conversion guide looks simple enough, but what do I do with the cables that are marked not connected (ie 5 and:cool:.

I also have no wire going to 4, but it wants me to put that into 2.

Thanks
Mike

Sponsored Links
2 on the 9400 if the CH off connection. These are used depending on what zone valves/stats your system has. If you don't have an existing wire then it should be fine not connecting anything to 2 on the 9400.

Sponsored Links
Forget about colours; just swap the wires according to the terminal numbers.

It might be a good idea to label each wire as you disconnect it, before removing the old backplate.

ST699 -- ST9400
L --------------- L
N --------------- N
3 --------------- 4
4 --------------- 2 (There is not normally a wire here)
6 --------------- 3
7 --------------- 1

The wires linking L, 5 and 8 on the ST699 should be discarded.

TURN THE POWER OFF BEFORE DOING THE JOB.

Thank you so much! When you say the wires should be disgarded do you mean just taped up and left to hang?

smiker said:
When you say the wires should be disgarded do you mean just taped up and left to hang?
I said discarded (thrown away)!

There are 2 wires in the L terminal on the ST699, so should I connect both those wires to the L terminal on the ST9400?
Throw away the link wire to 5/8 and connect any remaining wires to L.

There are no wires in terminals 7 and 4 on the ST699, so I'm assuming that means that nothing will be connected to terminals 2 and 4 on the ST9400?
No, there will be nothing in 1 and 2 on the ST9400. (Look at my conversion list.)

If my assumptions are correct that will leave me with
L - 2 wires provided one is not linked to 5 or 8
N - 1 wire
1 - no wire
2 - no wire
3 - 1 wire
4 - 1 wire
Correct.

3 discarded wires (as there are also 2 in terminal 5)
There should be only 2 wires to throw away:
Link from L to 5
Link from 5 to 8.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back