Honeywell Sundial y plan 3 position diverter valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all wondering if anyone could give me some advice please,,my C/H will only fire up when the Honeywell Sundial y plan 3 position diverter valve is switched to the manual position, Pilot light is on all the time , the system is a baxi very old be grateful for any help ,thankyou

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Thanks,would it be safe to keep the valve in manual position all the time as the boiler will still fire up.....?

Its safe but the system will not be controlled properly and may use about 10-20% more fuel.

The obvious solution it to repair it reasonably soon.

Tony

so good news the Honeywell Sundial y plan 3 position diverter valve is now working in the auto position and manual,the old baxi boiler is firing hurrah...unfortunatly the radiators are now not heating up,i have tried bleeding them but they were ok...weird...any ideas anyone????please.

Well you say it works!

But it does not sound to me as if its working properly!

Tony

Still sounds like the valve! It may be open to Hot Water port, and allowing boiler and pump to run, but is not allowing any flow to heating. Maybe possible to repair or a new valve is about £54.

Sounds as if the boiler has just responded to a DHW call, but the Synchron motor is shot.

Is this a 3port mid position valve or a diverter valve?

if you are getting any Ch, then the valve must move to mid position so the motor can't be shot.
I suspect that when HW becomes satisfied when in mid position the valve does not move on to CH only as it should, or if it does move on the boiler does not light.
The above can be due to a few things
(a) a stiff spindle
(b) fault with micro switch No 1 so motor can't continue beyond mid position
(c) fault with micro switch No2 so even though motor moves to CH position there is no power from 'orange' wire to light boiler.
A replacement actuator head will cure (b) and (c) and include a new motor.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back