Honeywell T6360B Upgrade

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello guys,

I'm currently in the middle of refurbishment work and would like to replace my old Honeywell T6360B with something more decent if possible (ideal Nest but not too sure if compatible with my boiler)

It seems to be only 3 wires are connected (see attached photo):

blue wire - connected to terminal #1
brown wire - connected to terminal #3
green/yellow wire - connected to earth terminal

What is the best thermostat I could go for which will provide me with more functionality than the old one?

Attachments

• IMG_5342.JPG
    IMG_5342.JPG
    63.6 KB · Views: 564
Sponsored Links
It's a simple boiler - don't remember the brand of it would have to check later this evening.

I would like to have nice digital interface where I can set temperature possibly controlled via app remotely from my smartphone.

Not too sure what is compatible with my 2-wire old thermostat.

What would you recommend?

Ok, I did some more research and it looks like I have been looking at US website which was saying Nest isn't compatible with my system.

Here in UK I need to use Heat Link which is provided with thermostat.

I need to run new 3-core cable from Heat Link to junction box (if I have one) or directly to the boiler. Brown (N) and Blue (L) wires have to be connected to the same terminal where power is delivered to the boiler form mains, then call-for-heat (where the old brown cable is connected - look at the photo terminal #1) from the boiler has to be connected to terminal #3 on Heat Link.

I can disconnect all the wires from the boiler which are currently connected to my old Honeywell T6360B and use them (2 wires) to deliver 12V power to the Thermostat (brown T1 and blue T2) and that should work...

Sponsored Links
He's talking about fitting a Nest to the existing thermostat wires with the heat link.

But until we get told what the system is its largely pointless.

He's talking about fitting a Nest to the existing thermostat wires with the heat link.

But until we get told what the system is its largely pointless.

What details do you need to know?

I'm still bit confused with my current thermostat as it looks like brown wire connected to terminal #3 is always live and blue wire connected to terminal #1 is live only when "call-for-heat"?

Is that correct?

Yes.

until we get told what the system is its largely pointless.

I'm still bit confused with my current thermostat as it looks like brown wire connected to terminal #3 is always live and blue wire connected to terminal #1 is live only when "call-for-heat"?

I think you're entering the "call a professional" realm. On the grounds that I have tried to read this:

I need to run new 3-core cable from Heat Link to junction box (if I have one) or directly to the boiler. Brown (N) and Blue (L) wires have to be connected to the same terminal where power is delivered to the boiler form mains, then call-for-heat (where the old brown cable is connected - look at the photo terminal #1) from the boiler has to be connected to terminal #3 on Heat Link.

I can disconnect all the wires from the boiler which are currently connected to my old Honeywell T6360B and use them (2 wires) to deliver 12V power to the Thermostat (brown T1 and blue T2) and that should work...

3 times and it makes less sense each time. A we still do not know what boiler you have or what the system is.

Yes.

until we get told what the system is its largely pointless.

I think you're entering the "call a professional" realm. On the grounds that I have tried to read this:

3 times and it makes less sense each time. A we still do not know what boiler you have or what the system is.

Ok will confirm tonight

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: i think you need someone who knows what he's doing just to be safe(y)(y)

Thanks for the advice but still prefer to do it by myself - aesthetic reasons.

Just need to some help in understanding how it works and it looks like I'm pretty close.

Will provide you guys with my boiler made/model no.

I haven't got a programmer, it is just a combi boiler (I think it's Vaillant or something similar) which is responsible for my hot water and heating (no big tank like in old houses).

Thanks for the advice but still prefer to do it by myself - cost reasons.

Edited it so that it reads correctly now.

Jon

If you know better why do you ask all those questions? - keep it for yourself Aquaheat.

I know from experience these guys are only interested in quick profit and nothing else - they don't care how the cables are routed as long as it's easy for them.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back