Honeywell T6360B Upgrade

Thanks for the advice but still prefer to do it by myself - cost reasons.

Edited it so that it reads correctly now.

Jon

If you know better why do you ask all those questions? - keep it for yourself Aquaheat.

I know from experience these guys are only interested in quick profit and nothing else - they don't care how the cables are routed as long as it's easy for them.

I haven't asked you a single question. I will now though. What questions?

As an RGI I find your last comment abusive and forum rules do not allow that and will be reported for making derogatory comments about us.

All of my installs have cables their cables done in a manner that the client has specified. If they want them in the wall then they go in the wall, if they want cables on view then that's their choice too.

You have proved my point that your post needed editing to read correctly as any engineer will fit anything exactly how you want it but that comes at a cost. All of my installs would be more aesthetically pleasing to your eye than yours but my install will cost you more hence aesthetics have squat to do with it but cost does.

Jon

Sponsored Links
That'll be us RGI's that care not about our customers only the pounds that end up in our pockets Dan. I for one felt abused by that comment and have reported it so that the mods can do something about it!

Jon

Thanks for the advice but still prefer to do it by myself - cost reasons.

Edited it so that it reads correctly now.

Jon

If you know better why do you ask all those questions? - keep it for yourself Aquaheat.

I know from experience these guys are only interested in quick profit and nothing else - they don't care how the cables are routed as long as it's easy for them.

I haven't asked you a single question. I will now though. What questions?

As an RGI I find your last comment abusive and forum rules do not allow that and will be reported for making derogatory comments about us.

All of my installs have cables their cables done in a manner that the client has specified. If they want them in the wall then they go in the wall, if they want cables on view then that's their choice too.

You have proved my point that your post needed editing to read correctly as any engineer will fit anything exactly how you want it but that comes at a cost. All of my installs would be more aesthetically pleasing to your eye than yours but my install will cost you more hence aesthetics have squat to do with it but cost does.

Jon

Yes Jon the forum is to make a laugh from someone who is seeking some help to do the job by himself rather that paying for a top quality service that I wouldn't be happy with anyway - as I have said - learnt from my own experience and trust me it's not about the money but I can understand because some people are actually helpful on these type of forums you guys keep loosing clients...

Anyway feel free to report me to the forum administrators for my "abusive" comments so they can close my account and good luck with your business...

Sponsored Links
No one can help you when you don't provide the information that was requested from you. You have been asked for details of your boiler as many many boilers require the cover to be removed to wire these in. Those covers can form an integral part of the room sealed appliance and as such should not be removed by anyone that isn't an RGI so you will not receive advice on this from here as it would be deemed dangerous, unethical and also against another of the forum rules.

I don't wish for your account to be closed just that your derogatory post be removed and that you understand a little forum etiquette for when you are asking for FREE advice. Like the saying goes, don't bite the hand that feeds you. You could have had some very useful advice as I dread to think of the amount of Nest installs that have been done between Dan and myself but it would be in the hundreds.

Thanks for the best wishes on the business, it means a lot coming from a stranger that berates RGI's for being cowboys. If you PM me your address I'll pop you on my Xmas card list.

Good luck with your Nest (y)

Jon

Typical cowboy plumber wheeling out the scare tactics now to try and get the work.

Dan - no one is calling you or Jon a cowboy plumber, at least not me.

What I was saying is these type of forums are here to help people not laugh at them...

I was just hoping someone can point me to right direction rather saying "call qualified plumber as you may kill yourself"

If you guys are not willing to help just simply don't reply and keep all your priceless knowledge to yourself.

========================
People are trying to help you.
You're stopping them by not explaining,
and you're getting abusive.
Please try to do better.
Mod
========================

Last edited by a moderator:
What would you say was a REASONABLE profit to make on supplying and fitting an internet enabled thermostat?

A percentage or a £? Your choice.

We tried to help you but you didn't post any relevant information.

You then went on to claim that plumbers didn't give a monkey's about aethetics and are only interested in making a profit.

FFS. You were asked what boiler you had, then, :LOL: said you were not sure what information we wanted. And we're supposed to be inspired with confidence in your abilities to play with mains electricity?

We tried to help you but you didn't post any relevant information.

You then went on to claim that plumbers didn't give a monkey's about aethetics and are only interested in making a profit.

FFS. You were asked what boiler you had, then, :LOL: said you were not sure what information we wanted. And we're supposed to be inspired with confidence in your abilities to play with mains electricity?

You have asked what boiler do I have and before I actually replied to this Jon has "re-edited" my post to make a laugh.

I had a bad experience previously with plumbers but I wasn't calling anyone on this forum a "cowboy plumber" - I was not even aware that you guys are plumbers and this is what you do for living.

I was hoping someone will pick my question up and share the experience if any - that was it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back