Honeywell T6360B Upgrade

Lets reprise...

What do you mean by functionality?

What boiler is it?

It's a simple boiler - don't remember the brand

But until we get told what the system is its largely pointless.

What details do you need to know?

Ok will confirm tonight

Thanks for the advice but still prefer to do it by myself - aesthetic reasons

I know from experience these guys are only interested in quick profit and nothing else - they don't care how the cables are routed as long as it's easy for them.

What guys?

rather that paying for a top quality service that I wouldn't be happy with anyway - as I have said - learnt from my own experience and trust me it's not about the money but I can understand because some people are actually helpful on these type of forums you guys keep loosing clients.

You have asked what boiler do I have and before I actually replied

No.

I had a bad experience previously with plumbers
So everyone in your company are bad by that rationalle

I was hoping someone will pick my question up and share the experience if any - that was it

You STILL haven't told us what flipping boiler you have.

Sponsored Links
Typical cowboy plumber wheeling out the scare tactics now to try and get the work.

Care to quantify that statement @RF Lighting ?

Please point out anywhere that I have behaved in a cowboy manner?

Please point out where I have tried to get the work?

Please point out where I have said that I am a plumber? A plumber could not and should not advise on these matters.

Unless you can point me to any remark that I have made that can substantiate your frankly ludicrous post that could quite easily be falling into the realms of libel I suggest that you remove it or it be removed.

How can following a safe and professional work ethic and not advising people to be carrying out what could quite possibly be dangerous be considered as cowboyish?

How could making a DIYer consider the safety aspect of what they are considering doing be classed as cowboyish?

How could conforming to manufacturers instructions be classed as cowboyish?

Ok the boiler is "Vaillant ecoTEC plus 824 (VUM GB 246/3-5)"

The OP has been repeatedly asked for information that is specific to his appliance and system design and 32 posts only for us to now find out that it is indeed a boiler that requires a correct seal to be made by the front cover. This would require having the correct knowledge, correct test equipment and also the ability to know what you should be touching and what you shouldn't be. Inside this casing there are combustion specific devices that can easily be damaged, disconnected or altered without even knowing that it has been done.

Vaillant also specify that the case is replaced ensuring a correct seal so how could one know whether the seal is correct without having the correct test equipment?

Jon

Typical jumped up plumber. Bet you call your self an engineer so you can think you're special :LOL:

The op has an existing stat so there's no need to break the appliance seal to add a nest controller to the system.

More scare tactics.

Sponsored Links
Typical jumped up plumber. Bet you call your self an engineer so you can think you're special :LOL:

The op has an existing stat so there's no need to break the appliance seal to add a nest controller to the system.

More scare tactics.

So you are suggesting that the Nest stat should have 240V/24V put through it?

Well done you've just f00ked the OPs nice new stat! Are you going to give him his £200 back now you've just advised him to do something that is incorrect?

Typical jumped up sparks that hasn't got a clue over heating controls.

Of course the case has to come off. How were you planning on rewiring it so that you have the correct voltages at the stat while utilising existing wiring for stat power and wiring in the Heatlink so that you have correct appliance switching?

Would you like a hand reading the wiring diagrams?

Jon

Ok so I have created very simple diagram and was wondering is I could re-use the existing cables which are currently connected to my old thermostat and get them connected to the Heat Link or perhaps I would need a plumber to open my boiler and connect wires to a new boiler terminals?

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    210.2 KB · Views: 196
You've just destroyed your stat with both of those examples. Nest HU is 12V.

The boiler needs to be opened up and the whole thing can be fitted, wired up and set up in 45 minutes to an hour tops. As said before we can't and won't give advice regarding removing an integral part of the boilers safety.

Regardless of what @RF Lighting may think (and his ignorant a blatantly dangerous posts about something he does not understand and would have destroyed your stat quite quickly prove) we aren't all cowboys but want a proper and safe job done.

Funny how he has now gone quite after destroying £200 worth of gear through having little knowledge of what he was on about. Probably Googling the diagrams as we speak.

Typical bloody cowboy sparks!

Jon

Jon what do you mean I have destroyed my stat with both examples....?

The "Current" diagram is showing how it is connected right now and it's working fine.

The "New" diagram is showing how I was thinking to get this connected (Ok the US version is 24V english is 12 V but this is supplied by Heat Link so it not down to me) but I was't sure if I could reuse the current wires which are going to the boiler. I know one is live and I wouldn't be connecting this one anywhere in my new stat but what about switched-live, could I re-use this one by connecting to the Heat-Link terminal #3?

What voltages are you getting to the current stat?

Where do the current stat wires terminate?

Do you have an existing programmer?

Do you want rid of this?

Where do you want the Heatlink?

What cables are you hoping to conceal so that it is aesthetically pleasing?

You have provided no information regarding your install to be of any use until 32 posts in and we know your boiler. This is a DIY site and it is more a hand holding site to help you with your DIY projects. We aren't here to guide you through all the intricacies of an install. As it's DIY there needs to be some input from your side. You tried with the previous diagrams but they are wrong. Existing stat wires can be used depending on some of the above answers but they will al pretty much end up with the case needing to be off.

Put up some other diagrams up and see where you get. HINT: Don't try and over think things it's not that hard even for us cowboys.

Just FYI i've just got back from fitting two 3rd Gens on a zoned system, hot water control on an unvented and all cables chased into walls and filled. System set up and installed on 4 devices. Only thing I couldn't do was paint over to finish as they didn't get me a tester pot for existing wall colours as requested. All in £260 for an aesthetically pleasing, fully functioning install with 28 days remote monitoring to help set the system up or if they have any issues understanding it, 12 months warranty on all gear as it was bought from Nest so know it's origin and 12+ months on all workmanship. All done in 3 hours including cups of tea and a chat. Does the above make me a cowboy? If so the YEEHAWW!!!!

Jon

So you are suggesting that the Nest stat should have 240V/24V put through it?

Well done you've just f00ked the OPs nice new stat! Are you going to give him his £200 back now you've just advised him to do something that is incorrect?

Can you show me where I've suggested this?

Typical jumped up sparks that hasn't got a clue over heating controls.

Of course the case has to come off. How were you planning on rewiring it so that you have the correct voltages at the stat while utilising existing wiring for stat power and wiring in the Heatlink so that you have correct appliance switching?

Don't talk daft. Perhaps if you're a clueless plumber you'll need to take the boiler in bits to spin the job out and make it look much harder than it really is, but I assure you it's not necessary. You've already got a switching pair coming from the boiler. That's all you need.

Would you like a hand reading the wiring diagrams?

Why would you need a diagram to wire up heating controls? It's hardly rocket science.

Hey Aquaheat , as I'm a plumber does it mean I can't give any advise on this thread?;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back