Honeywell Thermostat T6360/4360.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone help?

I have just bought a Honeywell thermostat model no - T6360/4360 to replace my old Honeywell thermostat.

The wiring to the existing thermostat is three wires - live, neutral and earth. However, the new thermostat comes with wiring instructions for four wires. Live, 2 x neutral and earth.

I have tried wiring the three wires to the same numbers as existed on the original thermostat. Unfortunately, the boiler 5 amp switch fuse blew.

Has anyone any idea what terminals should be connected to what wire.

A wiring diagram is linked : http://www.honeywell.com.pl/pdf/automatyka_domow/termostaty/T6360.pdf

Trouble is - which one do I use.

Many Thanks

Seamusr

Sponsored Links
The wiring to your existing thermostat will not be live, neutral and earth, it will be live, switched live and earth. You don't say which version of the thermostat you have, but assuming it is a 6360B, which is the most appropriate for central heating, this includes an anticipator heater. For this to work, you have to have a neutral connection to the unit, hence the requirement for the additonal connection. If you don't connect the neutral, the unit will still work but its control response will not be so good - as explained in the Honeywell note under 'Mechanical Thermostat Control'. The neutral is also required to make the indicator lamp light.

Your four connections should be terminal 1 - live, terminal 2 - neutral, terminal 3 - switched live, earth.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back