Honeywell Thermostat T6360/4360.

Discussion in 'Electrics UK' started by seamusr, 12 Feb 2008.

1. seamusr

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Can anyone help?

I have just bought a Honeywell thermostat model no - T6360/4360 to replace my old Honeywell thermostat.

The wiring to the existing thermostat is three wires - live, neutral and earth. However, the new thermostat comes with wiring instructions for four wires. Live, 2 x neutral and earth.

I have tried wiring the three wires to the same numbers as existed on the original thermostat. Unfortunately, the boiler 5 amp switch fuse blew.

Has anyone any idea what terminals should be connected to what wire.

A wiring diagram is linked : http://www.honeywell.com.pl/pdf/automatyka_domow/termostaty/T6360.pdf

Trouble is - which one do I use.

Many Thanks

Seamusr

2. mikely

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    The wiring to your existing thermostat will not be live, neutral and earth, it will be live, switched live and earth. You don't say which version of the thermostat you have, but assuming it is a 6360B, which is the most appropriate for central heating, this includes an anticipator heater. For this to work, you have to have a neutral connection to the unit, hence the requirement for the additonal connection. If you don't connect the neutral, the unit will still work but its control response will not be so good - as explained in the Honeywell note under 'Mechanical Thermostat Control'. The neutral is also required to make the indicator lamp light.

Your four connections should be terminal 1 - live, terminal 2 - neutral, terminal 3 - switched live, earth.

3. Taylortwocities

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Which means that you will need to run a new (three core and earth) cable to your thermostat. :(