Honeywell V4043H1056 Motorised valve issues

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I have 2x 2 port valves one for the ch and one for the hw.
When i push the hw one there is a little resistance and I can hear the motor moving open then returning to closed after.
The ch one is not returning to closed any more. I can't really replace the whole valve as it is against the wall almost behind the boiler. I could just remove the motor if this is the likely fault.
Any thoughts/advice?
Cheers
Worz

Sponsored Links
If you can access the screws at the end of the aluminium power head, this will reveal the two screws that hold the power head on to the valve -which then lifts off. Motors and power heads complete are available from Toolstation or Plumbcenter etc.
John :)

a very easy repair if you can access the motor screws, but please isolate the electrical supply completely dont just switch off at the programmer as there is a permanent live in there

As per BurnerMan, but, ensure all power to the entire heating system is isolated, as there is a live feed inside that metal cover, even if the time clock/programmer is on the OFF position. Learned the hard way.

Edit, I see others think alike!

Sponsored Links
If you can access the screws at the end of the aluminium power head, this will reveal the two screws that hold the power head on to the valve -which then lifts off. Motors and power heads complete are available from Toolstation or Plumbcenter etc.
John :)

Word of caution there. There are two versions. What burner man said is valid for cover with dimple and two screws
Undo the four screws on previous version, you could end up with a flood

Thanks all. I have turned off the mains and also drained down the system as I was going to give it a run through with some de sludging stuff.
Anyway the motor is now off, I guess I just need to order a new one now. Do these regularly stiffen up?

It may not be the motor which is the problem.

With the actuator removed (that's the metal box containing motor and gears etc) check that you can rotate the valve spindle easily by hand. It will only move a small amount, say from 10 to 2 on a clock. If the spindle is stiff you may be able to free it with some silicone lubricant. WD 40 will work, but it's not recommended as it rots the sealing o-rings.

yes its common for them to seize as DP says if the cover has a dimple you can replace the complete head if it doesnt then you have to replace the motor

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back