Honeywell Wireless Thermostat problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi any ideas on why this happens, I have a Honeywell CM67NG wireless thermostat and it fires up the boiler (Alpha CD50) even when I have set the programmer for times and days. example I have set it to come on every morning at 7 am and off at 10.00Am and on again at 3.30 pm off at 9.30 Pm but early hours of the morning the heating comes on and stays on until we get up.\r\have checked to make sure its set at AM and PM I have reset and also the rebind and it still seems to do it. Is it on its way out if so do I have to replace the both receiver and Thermostat.\r\n
Any ideas and help would be grateful many thanks.

Bill J

Sponsored Links
See this post as from what you have written it sounds like you might also misunderstand how this stat works (that's not a dig - it's probably the #1 FAQ for this type of stat).

Specifically, it does not function in an on/off manner but rather temperature set points (at particular times). If your 'off' set-points are set at a temperature that your house drops too/below then it will indeed fire up the boiler.

If this makes no sense post back and we can walk through it.

Mathew

Hi Mathew
I see what your saying but how do I set the thermostat so that it does not come on when the house temp goes down !! if that makes sence.

Cheers
Cazniclou

See this post as from what you have written it sounds like you might also misunderstand how this stat works (that's not a dig - it's probably the #1 FAQ for this type of stat).

Specifically, it does not function in an on/off manner but rather temperature set points (at particular times). If your 'off' set-points are set at a temperature that your house drops too/below then it will indeed fire up the boiler.

If this makes no sense post back and we can walk through it.

Mathew

Just make sure it's set low enough during the 'off' periods, say, 10C or 5C if need be. You wouldn't want it lower than this otherwise if, for whatever reason, the temperature did drop this low you'd want the boiler kicking in to prevent freezing (of the water in the pipes, not you!).

So, in your case, you want to set the 10am and 9:30pm temperature set points to 5C/10C/whatever.

Mathew

Sponsored Links
Hi Mathew
When I look at the thermostat does it show the temp of the room so the program setting will have to be set lower as you have discribed !!
is that right !!
Cheers

I tend to leave it on program with set times on each day so do I lower the temp on these settings
Does this mean I should set
Just make sure it's set low enough during the 'off' periods, say, 10C or 5C if need be. You wouldn't want it lower than this otherwise if, for whatever reason, the temperature did drop this low you'd want the boiler kicking in to prevent freezing (of the water in the pipes, not you!).

Mathew

Hi Mathew
When I look at the thermostat does it show the temp of the room so the program setting will have to be set lower as you have discribed !!
is that right !!
I don't have a CM67 so am not overly familiar with its operation however assuming it's display is similar to my CM927 then yes, the temperature shown with no buttons being pressed is the current temperature of the room. You need to go into program mode and set the target temperatures for 10am and 9:30pm to, say, 10C.

Mathew

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back