Hoover A Class Fridge/Freezer - URGENT help please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys,

My fridge/freezerr as above has just stopped working completely!

Its about 2 years old i think.

The light went out and I thought it was just the bulb, however, its not working at all.

Its like the whole unit is not getting any power at all, have done the obvious and changed the fuse in plug, and also checked in another plug to make sure the power supply is good.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be really appreciated!

Sponsored Links
To get the best chance of a response you need to post the full model details. Take out the fruit & veg trays & look for a sticker on one of the sides...then post whatever is printed on it.

Thanks,

Some of the codes on the sticker.............

HNMF 2805A L-80
type PF28

Hope this helps?

If you have voltage at the socket & terminal block on the unit then I would suspect a pcb failure. The only way to confirm 100% is to check if the pcb is receiving 240v. Do you own a multimeter/DVM & feel competent enough to work on live circuits?

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the help on this Zipper...........

I looked at the bottom and rear of fridge for PCb's etc but could not really see anything, I assume the big black thing is a compressor or motor? next to it is a small black box that a couple of cables go into, and assume the pcb is in there? Could not see how this opened though, even my best efforts failed :oops:

Any idea what sort of cost i would be looking at if this needs replacing?

Cheers

The pcb is mounted in a removable panel the top/front of the fridge.
The large black item you mention is a compressor. If you don't feel confident enough to faultfind on live circuits please call qualified assistance. It is better to part with a little cash rather than risk injury or worse. A new pcb costs around 60 pounds.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back