Hoover Soft Wave 1100 door won't open

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The door won't open on my Hoover Soft Wave 1100. Firstly the machine stopped part of the way through the fast coloureds programme just before the rinse. So I set it again to rinse and spin. Now the door won't open. I have tried a spin again, also unplugged machine for a while and switched back on but this has not worked. How do I get my washing out?

Sponsored Links
Not sure if it will work with your model, but if you hold a piece of strong string or cord at the top & bottom of the door & keeping it taught, drag it behind the door across the latch, you may be able to open it that way & remove your washing.

Thanks for your reply but it is not possible to use the string as the door is recessed, cant get string behind it. Could it be a blocked pressure bottle causing this to happen? If so, do I access it by removing the front of the machine?

generic information

a door will stay shut if:

water still in the m/c (pump not working / filter blocked)
too much water in the clothes (see above)
its too early to open it (cycle just finsihed)
drum still moving (see above)
drum belt come off (drum rotation dveice "pecker" unable to work becuse drive belt has come off)
door latch mech broken

Sponsored Links
If the interlock is faulty you may have to resort to the professional method of opening the door.
I am not joking... The only way to get some of the doors open is brute force.
Be ready for the smell !!! even washed laundry smells after a few days lying in the tub....

There well be another way but...................

Unplug it. Take the lid off. You can reach down inside the front of the machine and manually work the lock.

Thanks everyone for your help. We discovered the fault - it was the pressure bottle which was blocked and the machine is now working again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back