Hoover Washer/Dryer Optima Nextra 6 HNWL7146-80 not Drying

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Our Hoover Optima Nextra 6 HNWL7146-80 stopped drying although everything else works fine. Does anyone know where and how I can find the fault or the manual and would it be the thermostat, cut off switch or an element?
Many Thanks
Nico

Sponsored Links
Check the stats on the heater on top of the drum, does the fan motor turn for the dryer.

On top of the dryer heating element you have several thermostats, check to see if any of these are open circuit with a multimeter.

Then check to see if you have continuity through the dryer elements (should be around 27 ohms)

Sponsored Links
On top of the dryer heating element you have several thermostats, check to see if any of these are open circuit with a multimeter.

Then check to see if you have continuity through the dryer elements (should be around 27 ohms)

Hi Leccy
I have now checked the fan and it works. One of the dryer elements does not show continuity, the other about 20 ohms. I can only see 2 (see image uplaoded)

I posted a photo of the top of the unit as I am not sure where the thermostats are located? Can you advise please? I took the 2x right hand units as the elements, but it might be the other way round. How do I test if the stats are open?

Thanks for your time and advice/expertise in advance.

Jacs

Cant see an image.

The thermostats are small round or square objects mounted on the heater box with wires going to the terminals on them.

Cant see an image.

The thermostats are small round or square objects mounted on the heater box with wires going to the terminals on them.

It is the only image on my profile, tried to link it to this message too.

Ok the two heater elements are on the right hand side of the pic and the three thermostats are on the left hand side.

The one with the red wires is a one shot thermostat while the other two can be reset. All should have continuity through them

Ok the two heater elements are on the left hand side of the pic and the three thermostats are on the right hand side.

The one with the red wires is a one shot thermostat while the other two can be reset. All should have continuity through them

Thanks, state of affairs:
I have continuity through 1 of the 2 elements, not a beep or movement on the other.
I have continuity thorugh 1 x of the stats, the one with 2 x red wires...
I have a beep and it starts (ohm measure) then drops to zero on the stat with green wire, and no continuity whatsoever on the small stat with the yellow wire.

I see the stats can screw out (to be replaced I assume) but now the elements....?

Thank you so much, I feel like and idiot...

Jacs

Ok the two heater elements are on the left hand side of the pic and the three thermostats are on the right hand side.

Hi
I think it is sorted as I reset one of ths thermostats and there is a lot heat generated from the elements when I have it in drying mode. I will give it a full test tomorrow!

Thanks!
J

typical reasons for the stats blowing are lack of circulating air through the heater box

either due to blocked heater box (fluff etc)
overloading the drum which prevents the air getting round the clothes properly
heater box fan failure.

And I got my left and right wrong doh, corrected now.

typical reasons for the stats blowing are lack of circulating air through the heater box

either due to blocked heater box (fluff etc)
overloading the drum which prevents the air getting round the clothes properly
heater box fan failure.

And I got my left and right wrong doh, corrected now.

Hi Leccy
It has been a long time but I now I received and tried the new stats from UK Whitegoods, BUT as soon as I put the new stat that cannot reset in I get an error code 11, something wrong with dryer, as soon as I removed it it is back to normla but one of the other new stats sometime still trips. Any idea where I can go from here?

Thanks
Jaclas

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back