Hot & Cold > Cold only

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My hot & cold washing machine is a few years old but has been working perfectly up until now. I've recently moved into a bungalow that only has a cold pipe. I was instructed by a friend to cap off the hot pipe on the washing machine and just connect the cold. The waste pipe is connected to the sinks drain pipe right under the sink. The washing machine now fills up, but will not drain, any suggestions?

Simon

Sponsored Links
Remove the blue cap or cut the end off the sink spigot. Blue cap stops water flowing from sink onto the floor.

Thanks for the reply, I've checked the Spigot, all looks clear. About 4 inches below where the waste pipe connects to the sink drainage pipe is a small inch long pipe with a blue cap on it, I've removed the blue cap. In your opinion that could be stopping the washing machine from draining? I'm a bit nervous about filling up the washing machine and testing it again as thismorning my son opened the door and flooded the whole kitchen. lol

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back