Hot water booster pump for farm dairy

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys, am needing some advice regarding boosting the hot water in the dairy and palour at the farm. Got a big immersion heater on timer that just supplies two hot water taps, one in dairy for hot wash of the milk plant after the milking and just general buckets of hot water from the other.
Now the dairy milk tank takes ages to go through the wash cycle, mainly because it has to heat the water that comes in as part of the program, so I though I could tee another pipe from the hot water tank to the milk tank for the wash as there is a hot inlet there (but its fed from a Y-junction from mains cold at the minute). Because of the gravity feed from the hot water tank it took too long to fill before the next stage of the program and it flung up the error code. I tried it by just having the pipe in filling through the lid and it was fine, but when connected up to the hot inlet, the sprinkler jets inside the tank must restrict the flow, so it takes too long.
What type of booster pump could I fit at the immersion tank to boost the flow for the this job and also help the other taps?
Would a Stuart Turner Monsoon single pump work or just a Grundfos pump?

Sponsored Links
As long as the nominal flow of water is reached ( 0.5 ltrs/min) at the milk plant inlet then one of the Stuart Turner 1.5bar pumps would be the best IMO. Given it's an industrial application you really want a pump with a brass impeller and casing and a continuous use rating to give a reasonable lifespan. Follow the installation instructions implicitly to ensure correct operation.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back