Hot Water but no heating!

Weg

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi folks, I'm new here so be gentle!

I have a Vaillant (either a VCW GB 242 EH or 282 EH / or EB - no model number on the boiler) I don't know how old it is, we moved into the property a year ago.

We had it serviced at the beginning of December because it was losing water pressure, its been fine since then - until yesterday.

As the header says, we can get hot water but there is no heating. I have noticed the water pressure has dropped but its not all the way down to 0. The temperature guage has bottomed out though.

Is this something obvious and simple I can fix or should I be calling out an engineer?

Any advice would be much appreciated!

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Probably to do with the diverter valve, the bit on the right which moves in and out when you call for CH or HW. Might just be loose microswitches but I think (I'm no expert) it's more likely to be something inside, or the Servo valve at the front which tells the DV where to go.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back