Hot water cylinder connection

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys.

We have a vented hot central heating system. The hot water cylinder have the hot water connection on the top with a 15mm tee off for the shower. We are going to add a pump to the system but want to plumb up using 22mm piping which is the preferred way.

There are the connections for the cold feed and boiler feed. On the right hand side about 3/4 way up is a blanked connection. I am hoping that this connection is a factory fitted one designed for connection of a shower feed. The tank insulation looks factory finished and not chopped about.

Question is, am I right in thinking I can use this connection to feed the shower pump?

cheers

Sponsored Links
More than likely this will be ok, best to drain cylinder down, remove that blank and fit a 22mm Iso valve. Connect 22mm Copper pipe.Fill up then test with pipe into a bucket. If ok then that's suitable for your hot to pump.

Don't forget to cap the other 15mm feed to shower off top of cylinder

More than likely this will be ok, best to drain cylinder down, remove that blank and fit a 22mm Iso valve. Connect 22mm Copper pipe.Fill up then test with pipe into a bucket. If ok then that's suitable for your hot to pump.

Don't forget to cap the other 15mm feed to shower off top of cylinder

Hi, sorry for late reply. Thanks for the reply, I will drain down and see if I can take the cap out to check the size.

Cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back