Hot Water Heater Not Working. Easy Fix?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The heater that heats up my hot water has stopped switching on (So no more hot water!). It's controlled by this dial (in photo). The dial still turns round and has been set on timer (see switch in middle) for a few weeks now. Since this happened I can no longer switch the timer switch to the "always on" position - which is odd. It won't stay in that position and just moves straight back down to the timer setting.

I can hear the usual loud click when the heater is meant to switch on and off but it doesn't start. Is there a fuse that could have gone? or some kind of common problem that is easily fixable? Thank you :)

20160919_172415b_zps83tvcz9y.jpg

Sponsored Links
Does the light on the timer come on when it should?

If you cant get the switch to work then probably a new timer is required - unless you're good at mending things.

Last edited:
I would remove the time clock and connect the wiring using 15a connector block to confirm if it's the time switch or element.

Only do this is you feel competent to do so.

Regards,

DS

Last edited:
Does the light on the timer come on when it should?

If you cant get the switch to work then probably a new timer is required - unless you're good at mending things.

All I can do it replace a fuse in a plug and really simple things. The light doesn't come on when it should. I just checked.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back