hot water in header tank

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I have a baxi backboiler and as soon as it comes on water flows through the header tank, the water soon gets warmer and warmer,causing a lot of dampness in the cupboard,could the problem be a faulty honeywell control valve.

Sponsored Links
Is it pumping over? If so may be a blockage (if on a cross vented "h" system) but i am guessing as limited info posted

Is it pumping over? If so may be a blockage (if on a cross vented "h" system) but i am guessing as limited info posted
sorry about info i dont no if it is a vented "h" system , boiler is a baxi bermuda 552 and it does flow into the tank as soon as the pump starts it does sound like a blockage, i had some radiators changed downstairs last year what do i need to do to unblock it please

Hi if its pumping over and the tank is geting hot i can be becauase the pump is set to high for your type of sytem and depends where the cold feed is going into the system and the head of water on the pump
just try turning the pump down to number 1 and check it then before you look for any blockages anywhere

mick

Sponsored Links
Hi if its pumping over and the tank is geting hot i can be becauase the pump is set to high for your type of sytem and depends where the cold feed is going into the system and the head of water on the pump
just try turning the pump down to number 1 and check it then before you look for any blockages anywhere

mick
thanks mick but have already checked the pump and it is on number 1 its an old system with 8mm micro bore any other ideas please

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back