Hot water in header tank?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
After installing my oil CH system using Danesmoor 15/19 I noticed the header tank in the loft was getting hot. Acting like another radiator. This problem is not so bad if I turn the pump down to 2 and not a problem at all if the pump is turned to 1 although at 1 the water distribution around the radiators is inadequate.

I spoke to a plumber who advised converting to a sealed system and running the pump at 3.

I posted on here yesterday to learn more about sealed systems and discovered they are not a panacea for all CH problems. In fact they can cause problems and do require regular maintenance/inspection.

Currently I run the pump at 2 and find the water in the header tank is just warm.

Is it unusual for water in header tanks to warm up?

Have I fitted the pipework incorrectly?

Does warm water in the header tank warrant the work & expense of converting to a sealed system?

Thanks

Mike

Sponsored Links
If you fitted the whole system, or modified it from an old (different) system, then yes you more than likely have got it wrong.
If you can post a few pics of the boiler/airing cupboard/pump etc, and pipework associated with said items we might just be able to advise you on a suitable solution.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back