Hot water not working Heating is fine

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys

Just looking for possible cause of the Hot water not kicking of boiler but putting the heating on does

I don't know what you call this kind of system but we have Hot Water Cylinder and Central Heating

We have like a Myson MEP2C dual channel programmer - from where you control heating or water. when we turn on water nothing happens the boiler does not fire up, turn on heating and it fires up fine

I'm wondering is it the control value as there are two one for heating and one for water - so thats not sending a signal for the boiler then to kick into play

The value itself does not appear to be stuck as can move to manual position or auto without issue

I'd rather fix it myself if i can

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Could be the valve motor or valve complete, or a few other things.
Air
Cyl stat
bad wiring.
Not clever randomly changing bits. Have you, and can you use, a multi meter?

I can get a multi meter

So it appears if we try after a while i.e like 5 / 6 hours - the Water will kick off boiler and it all begins as normal then after 5 mins or so the boiler goes off - so i'm thinking the idea of bad wiring is out - Air i read can be removed by running taps which i plan to do

Like you said you don't want to replace random parts but actually find out whats causing it - no we can get hot water if we heat via the backup electric system - i'm assuming that it has an independent thermostats so that gives us no more clues

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back