Hot water pump not working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I've just replaced a kitchen mixer tap for a new one. I have a slight problem that the hot water pump is not kicking in.

As i'm in a flat the water pressure on the hot is rubbish so we have a Mira PS1 installed to increase the pressure. The pump works fine with the shower and in the bathroom basin but just not in the kitchen.

Anyone got any ideas of anything that i can do or check :?:

Very annoying as spent weekend installing new kitchen sink and pipe work etc for then this not to work quite right.

Thanks for any help

Spoddy

Sponsored Links
Air lock. No water so no flow so no pump. Do a search - there is a number of ways of getting the cold main forced up the pipe to push the air out. Better switch that pump off first.

Could also be caused by new tap not being suitable for low pressure hot supply, therefore initial flow too poor to trigger flow switch. Suggest that you open sink hot tap, then open other hot tap to trigger pump, then close other tap. That should also clear any air.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back