hot water running very slow

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I have a worcester 28i junior boiler. A couple of months ago the hot water from all the taps in the house started running very slowly. I also noticed the pressure kept falling and so have to keep topping up however at times it will go upto 3. I noticed that water was dripping out of the outside pipe. I called a british gas engineer who said there was rubbish clogged up. The dripping from the outside pipe stopped however I still have the pressure problems and the hot water is still very slow. The cold water pressure form the mains is fine and all cold water runs fine. I had another engineer who told me the furnace needs replacing and another who said it was the exapnsion vessel . I am a complete novice and before spending money on all these parts I am hoping somone can shed some real light on the problem.
Thank you

Sponsored Links
sounds like you have two probs (not linked), it sounds like the expansion vessel either needs re-pressurising or is knackered which is why your pressure keeps going up when the heating is on, the hot water is prob either a blockage or the plate heat exchanger is scaled up really not worth cleaning this out so better to replace it

Thanks CBF. One of the guys that looked at it did say the same thing but as another said something different I got a bit concerned.

Sponsored Links
What basis did you call these engineers?

Do you really expect them to correctly diagnose the problem without getting paid so that you can get someone cheaper to fix it?

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back