Hot water solutions in an all electric Flat

Discussion in 'Plumbing and Central Heating' started by DirtySteve, 15 Jul 2005.

1. DirtySteve

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    My one bedroom flat flat has no gas which is a pain so has electric heating and water system. The boiler is a very old economy 7 direct electric hot water tank. It must be very scaled up inside because the shower builds up with limescale (think thats what its called) very quickly. I also itch quite often after showering which is worrying, the water pressure is very low and it looks very old and dated so id like to update it.
    I have no idea where id get a new system from. Ive searched the internet and not found much mainly because i dont know what im looking for. I also wondered if i even need an economy 7 tank or if theres suitable systems that heat the water directly like an electric shower does.

Any advise will be greatly recieved.

Thanks

2. kevplumb

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    if your incoming mains is up to it look here

3. DirtySteve

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Agile, Ive changed my profile to show my email address. Hope that works.

4. DirtySteve

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Kev, thanks. They look really nice. Much better than the thing I have. I really need an expert tho to have a look at my set up and decide if one like that would be suitable. No idea where to find that expert tho. I suppose any plumber would have a good idea!!??

5. kevplumb

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    as long as they have an unvented ticket

as i said you need to get the pressure and flowrate of your mains checked first

6. Nige F

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    My mate`s going for his unvented ticket soon and he lives in S urrey...Say no more ;)

7. Agile

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Looks as if been deleting a lot of posts without any explanation again

Tony

MOD

your post has not been deleted it is here it was split sorry about the title it was all that sprang to mind

Tony again!

Well OK if you think it fits better somewhere else but moving it without informing Bahco and I by email or leaving any note here makes it look as if it has been deleted without any explanation again!