hot water thermostat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just bought a pump to boost my shower and the fitting instructions say it must not be used with water over 60 degrees C. My problem is that my current hot water cylinder, which is worked off a Trianco TRO 15/19 boiler , does not have a thermostat . The water is always scalding. The Trianco allows me to have the hot water system on when the central heating is on but never the central heating on its own The boiler thermostat does not seem to control the hot water in the cylinder.

How do I sort this out; Do I fit a limpet thermostat to the cylinder and connect this to a motorised valve.? If so where is it wired to and where does the valve go.
Or do I fit a limpet thermostat to the cylinder and wire it into the Trianco?, If so where do the connections go?

Thanks very much for ANY advice.

Cheers
GPObantam

Sponsored Links
Sounds as if you have a pumped heating, gravity hot water system.

If so, you are on the right lines - a motorized valve in the circuit from boiler to cylinder controlled by a thermostat on the side of the cylinder. It's called a C Plan. The valve must be installed so it cannot block the safety vent pipe from the boiler, which is usually on the flow from the boiler.

View media item 827 View media item 73
Ideally you should convert the system to fully pumped. Y plan is the simplest.

View media item 69 View media item 31288

To D Hailsham.

Many thanks I will try the C plan now I know where to position the valve.

Cheers Gpobantam

Sponsored Links
Since the last reply from D Hailsham I have been away so done nothing with it.
It occurs to me perhaps it is the thermostat on the boiler .
In stead of using the C plan should the Trianco boiler control the temperature of the hot water.? I have turned the dial to "cool" and nothing changes. Perhaps the thermostat has broken. How do I fit a new one to the bolier if this is the case?

Thanks for any help.
Cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back