Hotpoint Aquarius Condenser Dryer Pump Running Continuously

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I was hoping someone might be able to help as the condensate pump is running continuously on my Hotpoint Aquarius Condenser Dryer model no TCL 770G. I never noticed this before so I’m not sure whether it’s a new thing or not but I’ve recently moved the dryer and you can hear it gurgling away (pumping both water and air) every time it’s in use. I took it apart and gave all the insides a clean out to remove 5 years worth of fluff and I noticed there was a polystyrene float switch next to the pump. I tested this with a multi meter to check it was working and all fine but I would expect it to shut off the pump when there is no water in the bottom reservoir but it didn’t. In fact it didn’t seem to have any effect on the dryer at all (including the empty water lights at the front) when I manually activated so I’m not quite of its purpose.

Maybe I’m worrying about nothing but if someone could let me know whether this is normal or not I would be very grateful. It doesn’t usually make sense for a pump to be running continuously if just pulling air through.

Thanks

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back