Hotpoint Aquarius Condenser Tumble Dryer TC71 leaking

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've had this machine for a few years now and for as long as i can remember it has leaked water from underneath at the back left hand side.
I've not used it through the summer however used it twice this week. I pulled it out from under the worktop to find that the cloth i sit underneath the machine is pretty wet.
I always empty the water container after each use and am wondering if there is any advice you could give me? Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for that. When you say pump tray which part is this please? (Sorry not too good with technical terms!)

It's on the back left looking from the front. It's got two pipes going to it one black one clear.

Sponsored Links
Can't see it on this machine. Unless its not too obvious to see but don't see any pipes. When i pull out the condenser tray out and look in the space where it goes there is a line of silicone at the far back so i have added some more to see if this helps.

Look at the back of the dryer it's a box with the two pipes going into it.

Right you got a older version. The black plug in the pic at the bottom pull it out does water come out. Poke a metal coat hanger in the hole to clear a blockage. Then when u pull the water bottle out there's a valve that the bottle goes on to that is what needs replacing. You need a long thin screwdriver and slim hands to undo it from the bottle hole.

Thanks. I pulled the black plug off and water came out. Does this mean there's no blockage?
Just tried getting my arm in the hole where the water bottle goes - no chance! Wish they would make these things easier to access. Is it an easy part to buy? Might have to get a professional out to look at it. Either that or get a new machine which seems a shame when it still works fine apart from leak.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back