Hotpoint Aquarius CTD00 Condenser Tumble Dryer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

I have a Hotpoint clothes dryer (Aquarius CTD00) which I've had for years and didn't use. Now a couple have moved into the house and are trying to dry sheets in the dryer but everything gets bundled up and we're left with a lump after hours of 'drying' which is hot on the outside and very wet inside. Is there a solution to this?

Sponsored Links
Sounds like the motor may not be going into reverse tumble. Does it stop for short periods or just run continuously. If it has stood for years it may have got corrosion on the motor plug/socket you could try pulling that out & cleaning & refitting ( with the power disconnected). I'm not sure if it is controlled by a relay on the control panel or a mechanical timer on that model.

Try drying less at a time. Bed sheets and the like never dry well in a tumble dryer because even if the reverse action is working, they will always get bundled and twisted together. If its a sensor dry machine, then the sensor detects the clothes are dry because the outside is dry and doesnt allow moisture from the inside to penetrate and keep the machine going. If it did keep going you would end up burning the sheets.

Are you renting out a room or something? or is it shared accomodation?

Tell the people to consider drying less at a time, or drying the sheets somewhere else. at the end of the day its your machine not theirs..... Education is key.

Sponsored Links
[Yawn]
But this is not an electrical problem

It's an appliance problem

On the Appliances forum there are people who know about repairing appliances.

Lets see if admin can move you.

[/Yawn]

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back