hotpoint aquarius DWF34

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
pls can you help?, i have the above dishwasher and it suddenlystopped mid cycle and will not restart. i have checked the filters and ceaned them but to no avail. the salt container is full to the brim of water is this normal?

Sponsored Links
Salt container will be full of water.

Do you have any flashing lights?

Im guessing the pump has stopped, maybe due to a leak auto cut off.

Salt container will be full of water.

Do you have any flashing lights?

Im guessing the pump has stopped, maybe due to a leak auto cut off.
no flashing lights, how do i reset leak auto cut off pls?

It may be the pump has jammed.
To find out.
Switch machine off.
Switch on & restart any wash cycle, The 1st thing that should happen is that the pump should try to start, so put your ear to the machine & listen for a hum. If you hear the hum the pump has jammed. You need to unjam, come back I will tell you how.
If no hum, I would guess that the antiflood device has started.
You will need to empty all the water from the machine, remove the filter & use a small cup or similar.
You can then try & tip the machine this will drain the water from the tray at the base of the bachine (underside).
Then try the machine again, if it works you need to investigate as to why the machines anti flood worked.

Sponsored Links
no flashing lights, how do i reset auto cut off pls?

yes there is a hum as if it is trying to do something

So sounds like the pump has jammed.
Mine does, its usually a small bone, once a small piece of glass.

Ok there are 2 ways to free it.
1st You will need a small screwdriver
Put it down the drain hole & just try and move the plastic impellor, not easy but easier than method 2.

Method 2 you will need to tip the machine on its back, undo the base tray, You will see the pump, you will need to remove it, free it & replace it, if you have the space its not to difficult, take replacing the pump.

There will be a pint or so of water that will be released.
So get ready to mop up.

thanks will get my hubby to try this when he gets home 2nite. will be in touch tom with results, thanks again

just out of interest where is the drain hole, is it on the back of the machione and if so is it where the blackpipe goes in or the hose pipe goes in? or is it inside the machine from the front?

just out of interest where is the drain hole, is it on the back of the machione and if so is it where the blackpipe goes in or the hose pipe goes in? or is it inside the machine from the front?

Drain, is where the mesh filter is, so remove all the filters remove any water, if you use a torch you will see the pump impellor.

So it looks like you have done all the easy bits, now hubby has to the mans bit. Youre not daft are you. :LOL:

took all mesh bits out etc and there is a plastic piece with 1 screw in a hole about inch away from it and a few small white moulded plastic like large grooves in which some bits had gathered etc, i have removed the bits but should i undo the screw it and remove the whole plactic piece, or poke the hole at the side? i have not seen the proprellor bit that you describe?

I cant remeber the screw, I wouldnt undo it.
It is the hole had the side you need to be poking.

have poked away but it doesn't seem to have worked! shame! when i switch it on now it seems to be trying to turn something and is grating a bit but thats all,is ther anythinkg i need to check on the pipes coming out of the back for obstructions etc? or have exhausted all the women only jobs? and finally have to leave hubby to remove the bottom etc?

Sounds very much like there is something stuck in the impellor.
If you can hear grinding then the impellor must be turning, have you tried putting water in the machine & see if it will now pump out?

do you mean just pour water in with a jug? if so how do i get it to pump out again??,

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back