hotpoint aquarius DWF34

Yea, if your pour a jug of water in, start a cycle, the first thing it should do is pump the water out, if it doesnt you havnt fixed it.

Sponsored Links
took all mesh bits out etc and there is a plastic piece with 1 screw in a hole about inch away from it and a few small white moulded plastic like large grooves in which some bits had gathered etc, i have removed the bits but should i undo the screw it and remove the whole plactic piece, or poke the hole at the side? i have not seen the proprellor bit that you describe?
that screw needs to undo and lift plastic piece off ,then you will see impellor give it a flick does it go round , behind that is a black rubber remove that then put on pump out when water goes out replace rubber and srew and cover job done

well the mystery deepens, have done one quick wash and there was no hot water and the cycle finished 1 minute from the end and stayed there?? so opened and reset on another quick cycle but did same again, but there was water being pumped in and drained out, so i think i have loosened something!! any ideas?

If the water wasnt hot & it should have been if you were on quick wash, I dont think the machine will do the wash cycle until the water is up to temp, unless you did a rinse which I think is cold water

Sponsored Links
well we seem to have done it!! Hurray!! thank you so much for all of your help yesterday it has saved us some money and i can now buy a new handbag. all seems to be working great now. Thanks again, Bye!!

Hi, Sorryu to bring up an old thread but I have a similar one to this.

abouyt a week ago the washer started making a strange 'grinding' noise when going through a cycle, then today it just refused all together to do anything.

I went to my local appliance repair shop who explained I should check to see of the impelor was blocked, i removed a small piece of plastic from it about 2cm long. YES!! I thought,....

When I turned the machine back on it just freezes at the time it starts on.

I added some water to see if it pumped out and it all leaked out the bottom of the machine...

Any clues??

Thanks!

How did u clear the blockage did u take anything apart.

I removed a small plastic cover and flicked the impelor round until i could get to remove the small piece of plastic that was trapped in there.

Then I put the plastic cover back as it was.

Carl you should have stated a new post & linked to this one, (I realise you are new).
Did you actually remove the pump?
Are you sure the piece of plastic you removed isnt part of the pump.
Its not a difficult job replacing the pump.

Sorry, I thought it'd be better to continue an old thread rather than create a new one..

The piece of plastic was of a childrens drinking cup.

I've not tried to remove the pump, i've not done anything actuall other than remove the plastic fragment.

If I add water it just leaks straight out of the bottom.

confused.....

Tip machine on its back & have a look, pump is easy to get at, you may have been to forcefull.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back